The Mind and Body Treatment
is a powerful and revolutionary combination of 8 science-based healing therapies rolled into one
This Mind and Body Treatment is a completely holistic experience, focussing on your physical and mental wellbeing!
8 therapies combined to create one powerful treatment
At The Wellbeing Cabin, we have combined eight different science-based therapies to create one singular mind & body treatment that will improve both your physical and mental health. Each therapy individually would help you feel better, but altogether it really is a transformative treatment. Read the benefits of the individual treatments below…
- Treats Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and other conditions by exposure to artificial light. We use a sun simulator to mimic the natural summer sunshine, which affects the chemicals in our brain linked to both mood and sleep. If you are dealing with depression, sleep disorders and other conditions, light therapy can be an effective treatment.
- Improves the mind, body and spirit. In The Wellness Cabin, we fill the room with aromatic essential oils that are used to enhance physical and emotional health. This treatment has been around for thousands of years and is proven to cause physical and psychological benefits. Natural therapies have always been regarded as the best around.
Far Infrared Therapy
- FIR therapy is effective in relieving pain in patients with chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromyalgia. It’s also great for treating muscle pain and improving sleep.
PMFT (Pulsed Magnetic Field Therapy)
- Helps to heal non-union fractures and treats depression. Healthy electromagnetic frequencies enhance overall health and wellness. This therapy essentially treats your cells like batteries. We are often drained of energy at the end of a long, busy day, so it’s best to recharge. This treatment is therefore used to generate energy in your cells without any sort of invasive procedure at all.
- Improves mental wellbeing. This involves switching off your worries, anxieties and concerns and focusing on exactly what is happening inside and outside of your body, moment by moment, taking in both thoughts and feelings. We tend to go through the motions on a daily basis: get up, have breakfast, go to work, come back home, have dinner, go to bed. Instead of letting our lives slip away, we need to be fully present, completely aware, and mindful.
- Reduces stress and increases self-awareness. This is achieved through learning how to pay attention to breathing in and out, and focusing your mind. Similar to mindfulness, meditation allows us to pay direct attention to the present moment, focusing on ourselves without judgement or fear. Then we are able to lower stress, connect better, and reduce brain chatter.
- Helps to unwind and relieve stress. It involves using mental imagery to achieve a relaxed state of mind, accomplished through imagination. There are pictures, ideas and symbols we associate with positivity that can help calm our minds during a state where our bodies are fully relaxed. This leads to improved sleep, pain relief, increased self-confidence and much more. In The Wellbeing Cabin, we focus on a Caribbean Beach, transporting your mind to paradise.
- Challenges negative or unhelpful thoughts. Positive phrases or statements can be used to motivate, encourage, and boost self-esteem. Affirming that you are peaceful, calm, present, and happy will negate any negativity going through your mind. As a result, we will be able to concentrate on our goals more, motivate ourselves to act, and help boost our self-confidence.
Based On Science
The idea for The Wellbeing Cabin came about as a result of reading Doctor Herbert Benson’s book The relaxation response. Doctor Benson from Harvard medical school has spent over 40 years researching health & happiness. We have developed The Wellbeing Cabin based on Doctor Benson’s scientific research.
Our Opening Hours
Book a session
If you would like to book in for a session, you can pop in, call us on 01606 48989, choosing Option 4, or simply click the link below!